Friday, February 6, 2015

Currently


Hello and happy Friday friends.  I am feeling quite accomplished right now, because I have managed to 1. Add my picture to my blog and 2. Participate in my first link up.  Technology is certainly not my area of strength, really I'd call it an area of extreme weakness, so I am just delighted that I managed these things without assistance.  I still don't have a Twitter account, because I certainly don't want to have all of my technology fun in one week!

I found out about the Currently link up, hosted by Jenna of Dearest Love, from my friend Jessica at Meet the Magnolias and I thought it would be fun to join in.

Hearting / I'm loving the fact that the heater in my 11-year-old 4Runner is working just as fine as ever on these cold mornings, lysol lemon scented all purpose cleaner, my new Skinnytaste Cookbook, and my leather bracelet with some "pearls" on it that all the kids have explained to me is very fashionable right now.  Clearly, it's been a wild week around here.

Pinning / Tragically nothing, because when I'm busy I forget about Pinterest really quickly.  But, if I were pinning something it would be these gold framed botanical prints from Emily A. Clark's blog, because I love them so much.

http://emilyaclark.com/2015/01/my-most-asked-about-accessories.html

Reading / Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (for the 95th time) in preparation for my trip to Harry Potter World in March, Home is Where My People Are by Sophie Hudson (I'm happy to report that my friends and I were able to behave a little more calmly last night at her book signing that we did we when saw her in Birmingham a couple of weeks ago), and The Underground Girls of Kabul, a book about the practice of dressing young girls up like boys in Afghanistan so there are more opportunities available to them.  I have really liked this book so far.

Eating / Wheat toast with avocado for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  I have literally eaten this at least once a day for the past two weeks.  I usually put a fried egg on top, but a couple of times I've gotten wild and topped it with turkey and melted swiss cheese.  Of course I got the idea at skinnytaste.com.
Doesn't hers look good? I promise you, mine is not nearly so lovely.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2015/01/avocado-toast-with-sunny-side-egg.html

Anticipating / Celebrating Sara's new baby girl coming in March with some of my best friends tomorrow night.  All of us being together in the same place is about as good as it gets.

Hope you have a good weekend!

Whitney

8 comments:

  1. You're totally getting the hang of this blogging thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that might be partially due to the fact that I have forced you into being my blogging coach. When I said I did these things without assistance I meant no one physically helped me, but I did not mention my tech support!

      Delete
  2. I'd say that you can't possibly read Harry Potter too many times. And congrats on conquering technology! It can be a bear ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a word right there! Now if only I could move past my iphone 4 or update any apple product that I own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go! It's a lovely photo, and I'm so glad that we're your first link up :) I've heard about some great recipes from this Skinnytaste cookbook - might have to check it out! I love anything with avocado on top right now.

    Anne | In Residence

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely check it out! I really love her website too, it's where I find most of my new recipes.

      Delete
  5. I am so guilty of not reading any of the Harry Potter books...but I love the movies! I'm going to have to start reading them.
    I'm so glad you linked up, Whitney!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! I feel so fancy now that I know how to link up!

      Delete