Monday, January 12, 2015

A Fresh Start


2014 was not the easiest year for me. If I had to pick a theme for 2014, I would pick Change. Having two jobs for eight months, a scary car accident, traveling every weekend of the summer, living in the chaos of remodeling a house, 6 best friends moving too far away, a new puppy, leaving a job that was safe for one that was right-it seemed like the changes came faster than I could keep up with them. The year was full of change for most of my friends and family, and I think all of us would agree that it was a hard year in a lot of ways. Of course, something being hard is not always synonymous with it being bad.

 With all the traveling came lots of quality time with the people that are most important to me, time that I will always be thankful we had. Living through the home renovations meant that I had the experience of watching our new house slowly come together to become our home, a gift that not everyone gets. Having to deal with a wild puppy making messes also meant that I got a faithful new friend when I needed one the most. Leaving a safe job for one that is risky is something that I suspect I will look back on as an important part of my journey with God for the rest of my life. There were special trips, weddings, new babies, and new jobs to celebrate. Change is scary for most of us, but I am learning that a loss doesn’t usually come without a gain of some sort, just like a gain typically brings about some kind of loss.

 Something else I know for certain-the times that have strengthened my faith the most have not been the easy times, but the hard ones. I’m thankful for 2014, thankful for all the things that happened, thankful I can know God was with me the whole time, and thankful that we are onto a New Year. I typically struggle hard with the post Christmas blues, but I’ve been loving the idea of a fresh start this January. I have a feeling that 2015 is going to be a really good year. This is a quite general list but this year I hope I: 
-Memorize more scripture, pray more, and know God more
 -Host a lot of friends and family at my house
 -Laugh a lot
 -Cook a lot 
-Exercise a lot
 -Relax a lot
 -SLEEP A LOT 



 Why yes, I sure did write the words on this chalkboard myself. If you know what my handwriting looks like, then you understand that this is the Official Miracle of 2015. I hope 2014 was good for you and that 2015 is your best year yet!

 “See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wastelands.” Isaiah 43:19 NIV 

Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment